Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"You can't handle the truth!"

     Like a lot of people, my wife and I like to keep magazines in the bathroom so that we can read while we take care of business. Last year, my wife bought me a subscription to Popular Mechanics, and since then, it has become one of our bathroom staples. The ads usually go unnoticed by either of us, however,the back cover add of the most recent issue caught my eye.

     The top of the ad is as normal as any other:


     Notice the tag line, "Tellin' it like it is". It puts forth the aura of machismo just by the spelling. It's so manly it doesn't need a "g". It's also suggests that if you are manly enough, you will tell the truth no matter how hard or bad it may be. And it is with that frame of mind that I noticed what is on the bottom of the ad:


     I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read that. The testosterone fueled message, that being manly enough to fix your own car and solve any mental or emotional problems you may have on your own, all the while chewing on some Grizzly long cut snuff, loses some of it's impact when, with in 6 inches of it, there is a huge warning message. At least the add is "Tellin' you like it is" enough to let you know that the product being advertised can cause the bottom half your face to fall off.

     Here is a full picture of the add, so you can see it in all its glory.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;